What Is BCAA Amino Acids
BCAA Amino Acids are the synthesis of three kinds of amino acids among the twenty kinds of amino acids in human protein, and they are leucine, valine and isoleucine. Because the molecular structure of these three amino acids includes branched chains, it is called branched chain amino acids. They are all essential amino acids. That is to say, the body can’t synthesize them under normal conditions, and it needs to be converted into useful components of the body through external food, such as, meat, dairy and soy, etc. So it is necessary to pay attention to supplementing BCAA amino acids during exercise. Megaman can supply high purity BCAA powder. If you have any need, feel free to contact us for more details.
What Are BCAA Supplement Benefits?
BCAA amino acids have multiple metabolic and physiological roles. In terms of metabolism, BCAA supplement can promote protein synthesis and turnover, signaling pathways and glucose metabolism. Oxidation of BCAAs may increase fatty acid oxidation and play a role in obesity. Physiologically, BCAA amino acids play a role in the immune system and brain function. It is efficiently broken down by dehydrogenases and decarboxylases expressed by immune cells and are required for the growth and proliferation of lymphocytes and the activity of cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Finally, BCAAs share the same transporters as aromatic amino acids to enter the brain. Once in the brain, it may play a role in protein synthesis, neurotransmitter synthesis, and energy production.
The main functions of branched chain amino acids are usually to promote muscle synthesis, resist decomposition, and stimulate insulin.
- Promote muscle synthesis. They can significantly increase protein synthesis and promote the release of related hormones, such as, growth hormone, IGF-1, and insulin, thereby helping to maintain a reasonable testosterone/cortisol ration. Simply put, it is a process of synthesizing complex and complete muscle tissue from simple amino acids. Branched chain amino acids are carriers of nitrogen. After entering the human body, they can assist in the synthesis of muscles. There are other amino acid components needed for muscle synthesis, which can promote the synthesis of complex and complete muscle tissue from simple amino acids, avoid muscle atrophy, and provide energy for muscles.
- Anti-decomposition. Use of BCAA supplement can help prevent protein breakdown and muscle loss. It is more suitable for people who strictly control their diet. Controlling their diet will affect the normal intake of calories, and the speed of protein synthesis in the body will decrease significantly, which will easily cause increased protein decomposition. At this time, branched-chain amino acids can play a relieving effect.
- Insulin-stimulating. Branched-chain amino acids can also promote the release of insulin, which can help improve the symptoms of hyperglycemia caused by insufficient insulin secretion, and can play an adjuvant therapeutic role for diabetic patients. The main function of insulin is to allow peripheral blood glucose to be taken up by the muscles and used as a source of energy. Insulin production also promotes the absorption of amino acids by muscles. When using it, you need to follow the doctor’s advice, and you should also judge the dosage and time of taking the medicine according to your personal situation.
More About Branched Chain Amino Acids
In the field of sports academia, there has never been a clear limit for the proportion of branched chain amino acids. In general, the millimolar rations of leucine: isoleucine: valine is 1:0.5:0.56 in clinical practice. However, the 2:1:1 ration of BCAA supplement is adjusted according to the common clinical ration, which is a ration suitable for the human body. The ration of the most classic BCAA powder on the market is also 2:1:1.
Among the branched chain amino acids, leucine can effectively inhibit the activity of proteolytic enzymes, thereby inhibiting muscle breakdown. The main role of leucine is to switch on the muscle protein synthesis process, producing muscle protein, resulting in more muscle growth. Since leucine is the key to muscle growth, the ratio of leucine is higher.
The key to taking BCAAS is around the time of your training. The reason is that this ensures that you have enough leucine to fuel muscle protein synthesis. Based on this fact, many people think that the higher the ration, the better. But this is a big mistake. Because valine and isoleucine also play an integral role.
- Another reason to use this ratio is to increase energy and reduce fatigue. Numerous studies have shown that pre-exercise supplementation with BCAA powder can improve muscular endurance. What’s more, it can also reduce fatigue during workouts, which can be attributed to the role valine plays in the body. Valine can make your muscles contract more forcefully and prolong the fatigue time. Valine can also help you maintain a high level of alertness, keeping your mind sharp throughout the day.
- In addition, this ratio can maximize your weight loss efforts. This is what the isoleucine in BCAA amino acid powder does. Isoleucine plays an important role in burning fat. This is due to isoleucine’s ability to active special receptors, called PPARs, that can increase fat burning and inhibit fat storage. PPARs can increase the activity of genes that promote fat burning in the body. This will result in a greater ability to burn fat.
Branched-chain aminoa acids account for 35-40% of the amino acid content in the body and 14-18% of the amino acid content in the muscle. Almost all BCAAs are metabolized in the skeletal muscle, so they play a big role in the regulation of muscle mass.
- Help muscle growth.It can speed up the rate of protein synthesis after training, which aids in muscle growth. It can also help reduce protein breakdown during fat loss, thereby helping to maintain muscle.
- Improve sports performance. First, valine in BCAA powder can help reduce fatigue. Feelings of fatigue are linked to a neurotransmitter called serotonin. Whenever serotonin in the brain is elevated, it is easy to feel tired. Serotonin is transformed from tryptophan into the brain. Tryptophan in the blood competes with BCAAs for entry into the brain. During exercise, BCAAs are consumed in lower blood levels, which allows more tryptophan to enter the brain, where it is converted into serotonin, causing fatigue. After supplementing BCAA, the high content of BCAA in the blood can reduce the entry of tryptophan into the brain, reduce the synthesis of serotonin, so as to reduce the feeling of fatigue. Second, it can provide energy for training. During resistance exercise, the use of BCAA supplement will increase energy by 2~3 times, make training last longer.
- Speed up post-workout recovery.First, it can help reduce delayed onset soreness and muscle damage. Exercise can cause muscle damage. The greater the muscle damage, the greater the soreness. Muscle damage is usually indexed by the levels of creatine kinase and myoglobin in the blood. BCAA amino acids can reduce the levels of creatine kinase or myoglobin in the blood and relieve muscle damage and soreness. Second, it can speed up protein synthesis after training, mainly leucine works. The intake of branched-chain amino acids before resistance training, the protein synthesis efficiency is better than after training.
- Promote fat metabolism and reduce body fat rate.It is mainly the effect of isoleucine. Isoleucine has the ability to activate special receptors, called PPARs, which can increase fat burning and inhibit fat storage, reducing body fat percentage.