What Is DL-alanine
DL-alanine is a racemic mixture of alanine, a non-essential alpha-amino acid. DL alanine is a tautomer of alanine zwitterion, a non-essential amino acid that exists in large amounts in free form in plasma. It is produced from pyruvate through transamination. It participates in sugar and acid metabolism, increases immunity, and provides energy to muscle tissue, brain, and central nervous system.
What Is DL-alanine Used For
Used as a nutritional supplement and seasoning additive in the food processing industry.
- It has a good umami taste and can enhance the seasoning effect of chemical seasonings.
- It has a special sweet taste, which can improve the taste of artificial sweeteners, the sour taste of organic acids, as well as the flavor of vinegar.
- It has a sour taste, which can make the salt taste faster, improve the effect of pickling pickles, shorten the pickling time, and improve the flavor at the same time.
- Used as a sour taste corrector and buffer for synthetic sake and refreshing drinks, it can prevent the aging of sparkling wine and reduce yeast odor.
- With anti-oxidation properties, it can be used in the processing of oil, mayonnaise, distilled food, soy sauce dipped food, rice bran pickled food, etc. DL-alanine can not only prevent oxidation, but also improve its flavor.
Used in pharmaceutical industry.
- Used as a raw material for the manufacture of vitamin B6.
- For medical microbiology and biochemical amino acid metabolism.
- DL-alanine is also an important intermediate for the synthesis of some pesticides and medicines.
- It can also be used as a biochemical reagent, feed additives.
- Used as a reducing agent and capping agent together with aqueous solution of silver nitrate for the production of nanoparticles.
- Used in the research of chelation of transition metals such as Cu(II), Zn(II), and Cd(11).
- DL-alanine plays a key role in the glucose-alanine cycle between tissues and liver, regulating the level of alanine aminotransferase.
- Used as a diagnostic tool to predict type 2 diabetes.
- It can be used as a model reagent in the development of a technique for the racemic resolution of amino acids.
More About DL-Alanine
- Colorless to white odorless needle crystal or crystalline powder.
- It has a sweet taste, and the taste threshold is 0.06%.
- Those recrystallized from water and ethanol are orthorhombic crystals, and those recrystallized from water are needle crystals or crystalline powders.
- The pH value of 5% aqueous solution is 5.5-7.0.
- It melts and decomposes at about 295-300°C.
- Chemical performance is stable. In case of nitrous acid, it can be transformed into L-lactic acid.
- Soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol.
- No optical activity.
- Acetaldehyde reacts with hydrocyanic acid to generate cyanohydrin, and then reacts with ammonia to obtain aminonitrile. Then hydrolyze under alkaline conditions to generate sodium allanate, and obtain alanine through ion exchange.
- Mix 2-bromopropionic acid, ammonium bicarbonate and concentrated ammonia water for reaction. Add water and heat to reflux. The reaction solution is evaporated to dryness, washed with ethanol and filtered. Dissolve the filter cake in distilled water, boil, decolorize with activated carbon. Add 95% ethanol to the filtrate, cool to precipitate crystals and dry to obtain alanine powder.
- After slowly adding propionic acid to phosphorus trichloride, slowly add bromine dropwise at 78-83° Keep warm for 1 hour after the addition, raise the temperature to 105°C to volatilize most of the hydrogen bromide. Then remove the bromine by vacuum distillation hydrogen, the obtained bromopropionic acid stand-by. After mixing sodium bicarbonate, ammonium hydroxide and water, slowly add the above-mentioned bromopropionic acid, control the temperature at 30-40°C, keep warm for 16 hours after the addition, and raise the temperature to 90-100°C until the ammonia volatilizes completely. The concentrate until crystals appear, pour into methanol, cool and filter to obtain crystals. Dissolve the obtained crude crystals in water, add activated carbon for decolorization, filter, pour the filtrate into ethanol for crystallization, and obtain DL-alanine powder.
- It is produced by bioengineering technology, which is more green and environmentally friendly. Meanwhile, it is safe and reliable as a food additive.
- The crystal density of the product is high, reaching 70%, and the crystal particles are uniform.
- The product has good fluidity and is easy to mix and dissolve when used in food additives.
- Browning test, taste test, appearance and other sensory indicators are all excellent.
- The specific optical rotation of the product is absolutely zero. Make sure the product is pure DL-alanine.
- The production of finished products is carried out in a completely purified workshop to ensure that the hygiene indicators meet the requirements.
- The appearance of the product is pure white, the solution is clear and transparent, and the light transmittance of 10% solution is greater than 98%, generally reaching more than 99%.
- The product is filtered through a microporous membrane to ensure that there are no visible impurities.
Have any need? Feel free to inquiry us for DL-alanine price now.