What Is L-Citrulline
L-Citrulline is a common amino acid that exists in some fruits and vegetables. The skin of some melons and fruits is a very good source of citrulline. Because it was originally extracted from watermelon, it is called citrulline. If there is a disease of the urinary system, citrulline needs to be supplemented. In addition, it can also assist in the treatment of high blood pressure, relieve physical fatigue, and improve the body’s immunity. When citrulline is still an amino acid, because it isn’t encoded in DNA, it will not be embedded in proteins during protein biosynthesis, but some proteins still contain citrulline. Inquiry us for the best L-citrulline powder price now.
What Is L Citrulline Powder Good For
L Citrulline can be widely used in medicine, food, health care and other aspects, and has good pharmacological effects. Citrulline can relax human blood vessels, enhance male sexual function and treat sexual dysfunction, maintain healthy lung function, improve brain clarity, help brain nerve cells, help the body recover from fatigue and stress, as well as maintain pH balance of the body.
- Prevention and treatment of prostate diseases. Citrulline has a significant effect on the prevention and treatment of prostate diseases, including prostatitis, prostate swelling, prostatic hypertrophy, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and prostate cancer.
- Improve male sexual function. Citrulline can make the body produce nitrogen oxides, and this nitrogen oxide is a very important substance for male sexual performance. Unlike performance-enhancing drugs, citrulline can be completely absorbed into the blood, making it easier to produce nitrogen oxides, thereby achieving the effect of penile erection. Moreover, as a pure natural product, citrulline not only has no side effects, but can also comprehensively enhance the physical condition of men.
- Anti-age and enhance immunity. Studies have found that Citrulline has strong strong antioxidant capacity, can remove hydroxyl groups, increase arginine required for NO synthesis. It can effectively protect DNA and PMN from oxidative damage, and can be used as a health care product for anti-aging and improving immunity.
- It has many important physiological functions such as scavenging free radicals, indicator of allogeneic rejection, vasodilation, blood pressure stabilization, diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, and anti-oxidation. In addition, it also has a very significant effect of restoring energy and improving human immunity.
- Other uses. Citrulline can increase wound healing and improve microcirculation in patients with renal impairment before or during dialysis. Treat nutritional deficiencies and increases muscle protein synthesis. Citrulline can be used to reverse arginine deficiency caused by disease or small bowel resection surgery. In addition, it also has important physiological functions, such as indicator of allogeneic rejection, diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis and so on.
More About L Citrulline
- Watermelon (especially the rind) is an excellent source of citrulline.
- Vegetables such as squash, cucumbers, and gourds also contain citrulline.
- In addition to vegetables, fruits such as cantaloupe and melon also contain certain amounts of citrulline.
- Additionally, walnut sprouts are considered the richest source of citrulline.
- Some protein-rich foods also contain citrulline, such as, fish, meat, eggs, milk and soy foods.
Citrulline is an important building block for the liver. The body needs citrulline to remove toxic compounds like ammonia from the liver. Without citrulline, liver cells have a hard time getting rid of ammonia, a waste product from the oxidation process. Citrulline can help the immune system fight infection and boosts energy. It’s found in specialized proteins in skin, hair and nerve cells that prevent muscle fatigue because it helps produce energy.
L-citrulline improves circulation by converting in the body to another amino acid – arginine. Arginine can increase nitrate production in endothelial cells to support circulatory function. Arginine helps the body produce nitric oxide. Nitric Oxide promotes healthy blood circulation and is beneficial to overall health. With insufficient amounts of nitric oxide, the heart has difficulty pumping blood. Taking an arginine supplement will keep nitric oxide levels at an optimal level.
Both arginine and citrulline are non-essential amino acids that are necessary for several aspects of health. However, citrulline actually converts to arginine to function. Because of their similarities, L-citrulline and L-arginine are often used together in supplements to treat conditions like blood pressure and erectile dysfunction. Studies have found that taking citrulline can increase arginine levels more effectively than taking arginine supplements alone.
Dosage can vary depending on the type of supplement you take and the condition you are trying to treat.
If you choose to take L-citrulline powder, the dosage is usually three to five grams per day.
There are no specific guidelines for when to take it. However, it is recommended about an hour before exercise if you want to increase muscle recovery and endurance. For other conditions, you can divide the supplement into several smaller doses to take with meals throughout the day.
The preparation methods of citrulline powder mainly include extraction method, chemical method, fermentation method and enzymatic method. Among them, the enzymatic method, that is, the use of arginine deiminase in microbial cells to catalyze the conversion of L-arginine into L-citrulline, is currently the most important method for the production of citrulline.
It is difficult to control the process of hydrolyzing L-arginine to L-citrulline under alkaline conditions. The product contains the optical enantiomer DL-citrulline, which affects the quality of the product. The application of citrulline produced by chemical methods is limited due to the purity and environmental problems.
Since the content of citrulline in natural products is extremely limited, the extraction method is limited by the source of raw materials. The disadvantages of small production scale, complicated process, difficult separation and extraction, low acid production rate, high cost and poor economic benefit all severely limit the application of extraction method in industrial production. But compared with the traditional method, the extraction method can get natural citrulline.
The enzymatic synthesis of citrulline mostly adopts one-step enzymatic reaction. Therefore, the complex feedback regulation in the citrulline synthesis pathway can be avoided, so that citrulline can accumulate arginine deiminase, and use L-arginine or DL-arginine as a substrate to obtain a higher concentration.