What Is L-arginine
L-Arginine is an organic compound, the basic unit of protein, and one of the 21 amino acids that make up human protein. Arginine is the encoded amino acid in protein synthesis and is required by the body for several functions. It can stimulate the body to release certain chemicals such as insulin and human growth hormone. This amino acid also helps remove ammonia from the body and promotes wound healing. The body also needs it to produce sarcosine. Nitric oxide is produced when L-arginine is broken down, this dilating blood vessels and increasing blood flow. Normally, the body can produce all the necessary L-arginine. When there is insufficient arginine in the human body, it needs to be taken from food, and L-arginine supplement can also be used. Contact us to get more details about L-arginine powder for sale in Megaman now
What Are the Functions of L-arginine Supplement
- Reduce risk of arteriosclerosis and heart attack.
- Repair blood vessels.
- Fight against congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease.
- Help reduce high blood pressure.
- Improve athletic performance and high-intensity exercise endurance.
- Enhance immune function.
- Reduce muscle pain, especially in the legs caused by clogged arteries.
- Improve kidney function.
- Improve mental abilities.
- Fight against dementia.
- Treatment of impotence, erectile dysfunction and male infertility.
- Arginine can dilate blood vessels, increase blood flow, improve systemic blood circulation, and significantly improve heart failure and angina.
- For people with high risk factors for coronary heat disease, L-arginine supplements can be an effective measure to prevent heart attack or stoke.
- It may help prevent high blood pressure, improve blood flow in people with coronary artery disease, lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and help relieve congestive heart failure.
- It is also commonly used to treat angina because nitric oxide has the effect of preventing blood clots that cut off the blood supply.
- Arginine can safely improve exercise performance in people with low endurance, circulation problems and heart disease.
- Supplementing with 2-3g L-arginine powder per day can resolve nitrate intolerance in most patients with angina.
- It has free radical scavenging ability. Combined with antioxidants like vitamin C and omega-3 fish oil supplements, it can help slow the aging process and prevent many chronic diseases.
- It has a positive effect on central nervous system and immune system function, because in the brain NO acts as a neurotransmitter and a protector against external threats.
- It helps detoxify the body and even lowers ammonia levels in the blood. So it is sometimes used to treat metabolic problems and problems with a damaged urinary tract, which prompts the removal of ammonia from the body. Ammonia is a product of the body’s breakdown of proteins and is one of the causes of tissue necrosis leading to cell destruction and inflammation.
- It helps keep blood flowing more freely, may fight pain and swelling, forms L-proline important for collagen synthesis in the skin, and increases antioxidant activity.
- It’s also used to improve protein function, help heal burns, and may even help fight tooth decay.
- Because of its immune-boosting effects, L-arginine is often used in people undergoing chemotherapy or surgery, and cured from viruses and infections, including HIV.
- L-arginine is effective in improving blood flow, which means it can help bring nutrients and oxygen to muscle and joint tissue.
- It has also been shown to help increase the time to exhaustion and increase tolerance to high-intensity exercise. That said, with the help of L-arginine supplement, you can enjoy more of the benefits of exercising more intensely, but with less pain.
- It can increase heat and circulation in damaged joints or cold hands and feet, especially in people with complications from other health conditions, such as poor blood flow, arthritis, or diabetes. Some studies show that it can improve walking distance and reduces muscle soreness, including in people with intermittent claudication.
- L-arginine supplement can help increase human growth hormone, prolactin, and also stimulate the production of several other amino acids, such as creatine, L-proline, and L-glutamate.
- It is important for building strong muscle tissue, fighting against inflammation that causes bone and joint pain, repairing damage, and general nervous system function.
- It may aid bodybuilding, athletic performance and increase muscle mass. Some studies have shown that the supplement can increase plasma insulin and help build stronger muscles, and it has an effect on the body’s capillaries even when you’re resting. These hormonal changes affect your metabolism in a positive way by helping to repair, build and maintain the youthful foundation of your musculoskeletal system.
- Some studies have found that taking 5 to 9 grams of L-arginine powder per day can significantly increase growth hormone levels.
- Arginine increases resting HGH levels by at least 100% in most cases. Supplementing with L-arginine while exercising will have a more powerful effect.
- Many studies have shown that, in addition to enhancing blood circulation, L-arginine is also involved in proper cell replication processes. This means that the benefits of arginine for men include improving sperm production and motility.
- Men with cardiovascular problems related to low levels of nitric oxide in the blood are more likely to experience erectile dysfunction and fertility problems because nitric oxide-induced relaxation of smooth muscle is required for erections.While it doesn’t work for every man, research shows that a significant percentage of male infertility cases can be treated with L-arginine supplements in combination with other stimulants, antioxidants, or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Several studies have shown that high stress levels can reduce the presence of L-arginine in the sperm production pathway, so stressed men in particular may benefit from supplementation.
- Women can also get better reproductive help from L-Arginine. Doctors sometimes prescribe topical creams containing this amino acid to help heal sexual problems and treat infertility naturally in both sexes because it can improve the genitals organization cycle.
- There is some research showing that treatment with both N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and L-arginine can help naturally balance hormones and restore normal sexual function in women with PCOS and estrogen imbalance.
- L-arginine powder is used with antioxidant supplements and other medications to increase pregnancy rates in women who are having difficulty conceiving.
How Does L-arginine Work
To gain a deeper understanding of L-arginine’s function, we need to know about how nitric oxide works in the body.
Nitric oxide is a naturally reactive gas produced by both plants and animals. It’s produced using L-arginine and nitric oxide synthase, and is actually a byproduct of many different chemical reactions.
After arginine is converted into nitric oxide in the body, it can relax blood vessels, regulate immune function, reduce cell inflammation, and prevent infection. Arginine can ensure the normal function of human sexual function, cardiovascular system, immune system and other organs.
Endothelial cells need L-Arginine in order to form enough Nitric Oxide to keep blood flowing freely. Nitric oxide improves circulation by dilating blood vessels, so when people don’t have enough blood in their arteries, they’re at higher risk of heart disease. NO helps keep your blood pressure levels within the normal range by signaling the muscles in your blood vessels to relax, dilate, and let blood through, while also preventing the formation of blood clots and plaque.
With age, the ability to produce enough NO in the lining of arteries decreases. Fortunately, getting more L-arginine through L-arginine powder or dietary arginine can help boost nitric oxide capacity and correct impaired endothelial function.