What Is Calcium D Pantothenate
Calcium D-pantothenate is a form of pantothenic acid or Vitamin B5. It is the calcium salt of water-soluble Vitamin B5, widely exists in animal and plant tissues, and has antioxidant effect. Calcium pantothenate is a Vitamin drug that is a component of coenzymes. Generally, it is a substance necessary for maintaining epithelial function in protein metabolism, fat metabolism, carbohydrate metabolism and various metabolic links. It is a trace substance that is crucial to the maintenance of normal physiological functions of the human body. Calcium D-pantothenate also has analgesic effect, can relieve intestinal colic and postoperative pain, relieve peripheral nervous system disorders, and is used to treat peripheral neuritis. It should be taken according to the doctor’s advice, and shouldn’t to be taken in large quantities to avoid discomfort.
What Are Calcium D Pantothenate Uses
Mainly used in the fields of medicine, food and feed additives.
- Vitamin B5 is an essential nutrient that occurs naturally in some foods. It can also be added to other foods and used as a dietary supplement.
- Calcium pantothenate is used in the synthesis of coenzyme A and protects cells from peroxidative damage by increasing glutathione levels.
- Vitamin B5 is a growth factor that is essential for various metabolic functions, including the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fatty acids. It is also involved in the synthesis of cholesterol, lipids, neurotransmitters, steroid hormones and hemoglobin.
- Enhance memory. If you want to sharpen your mind and better form memories and retain information, calcium D-pantothenate may help. This is mainly because pantothenic acid is used to synthesize coenzyme A. CoA can help produce acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that helps your brain and nervous system function faster. Another benefit of increasing the amount of acetylcholine is enhanced memory.
- Reduce brain fog. Taking Calcium D-pantothenate might help reduce brain fog, or feelings of forgetfulness and confusion. It is often accompanied by inattention. With Calcium D-Pantothenate, the effects of brain fog may be lessened, helping to enhance focus and comprehension.
- Make skin better. It is highly moisturizing. Calcium D-pantothenate is soluble in water and has a small molecular weight, so it is easier to penetrate the skin and hair, so as to exert its effect. At the same time, D panthenol contains three hydroxyl structures, which can maintain moisture for a long time and has excellent moisturizing ability. It has a strong ability to repair. As one of the important components involved in energy metabolism, it also plays a role in cell differentiation and can strengthen the skin barrier.
- Improve stamina. Vitamin B5 also helps to ensure that the metabolic activities in the body are going on properly. This helps the body to function efficiently, which in turn makes one feel energized. People who take calcium D-pantothenate may experience increased endurance as their bodies are operating at a more efficient level.
- Clinically, calcium pantothenate is mainly used to prevent and treat some symptoms caused by pantothenic acid deficiency or other vitamin B group substance deficiency. When using this type of drug, it should be noted that pantothenic acid may prolong the bleeding time, so it should be used with caution in patients with hemophilia. In addition, if pregnant women, children, and elderly patients need to use it, they must be used under the guidance of a doctor.
- Calcium D-pantothenate can also form high-energy thioester compounds with hydroxy acids, activate less active acids, participate in the synthesis of hemoglobin prophyrin framework. It is also indispensable for the normalization of the function of the skin and mucous membranes, for the coloring of the hair and for the fight against infections. It also has a positive effect in the prevention of side effects of streptomycin and kanamycin.
- Used in feed industry. Calcium pantothenate is used as a vitamin drug in the feed industry and is a component of coenzyme A. It can regulate the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fat, maintain skin and mucous membranes, improve hair or feather color and prevent the occurrence of diseases. Especially for the growth and development of poultry, livestock and fish, the synthesis and decomposition of fat, the demand for calcium pantothenate is essential.
How Is Calcium D Pantothenate Powder Prepared
The production process of D-calcium pantothenate is generally obtained by chemical synthesis of lactone, alanine and calcium oxide under the condition of methanol as the medium.
After crystallization and filtration, the dryness and wetness are about 25%. Among them, calcium pantothenate wet powder contains 4 crystalline methanol and 1 crystalline water. It is easy to be dissolved and bonded by moisture in the early stage of drying, and has strong heat sensitivity, so drying is more difficult.
At present, production enterprises generally use double-cone rotary vacuum dryers for drying. The process is mature and the equipment is simple, but the drying cycle is long, the power consumption is large, the production capacity of a single machine is small, it is not suitable for large-scale production, and the particle size is not easy to control. Therefore, it is necessary to use a new drying method to reduce drying costs, increase drying capacity, and control particle size.
Where to Buy Calcium D Pantothenate
Megaman Chemical Co.,Ltd – A leading Calcium D Pantothenate supplier with rich production and export experience will be your ideal choice.
Competitive price. With our own factory, we can give the ex-factory price to customers directly.
Fast delivery. Our production line can ensure sufficient supply and we have a large warehouse to store spot goods.
Excellent service. The customer service personnel are 24 hours online to ensure that we can provide customers with the highest quality pre-sales and after-sales services.
Have any need? Feel free to inquiry us for the best Calcium D Pantothenate powder price now.