EPO Erythropoietin is a specific glycoprotein secreted by the kidney, which can promote the proliferation and maturation of bone marrow red blood cells. It was first used to treat anemia caused by genetics, cancer, chronic renal failure, and other inflammations.
The erythropoietin in the human body can promote the production of red blood cells, significantly increase the number of red blood cells and the content of hemoglobin in the human body, thereby improving the human body’s ability to transport oxygen and increasing the human body’s maximum oxygen uptake. Therefore, EPO peptide has a very close relationship with sports, especially endurance sports. For that, it can promote the production of oxygen in the muscles, thereby making the muscles stronger and working longer.
What Is Erythropoietin EPO
Erythropoietin(EPO), also known as red blood cell stimulating factor, is a hormone that is mainly produce by special cells in the kidney called mesenchymal cells. Once made, it acts on red blood cells to protect them from destruction. At the same time, it can stimulate the stem cells of the bone marrow to increase the production of red blood cells.
Normal human body has a certain amount of erythropoietin, which is mainly produced by the kidneys, and a small amount is produced by the liver. According to the source, it can be divided into endogenous and exogenous erythropoietin. The natural erythropoietin molecule includes a polypeptide part and a sugar chain part. The erythropoietin present in plasma consists of 165 amino acids. Different types of erythropoietin amino acids polypeptides are consistent, with a molecular weight of 34kDa, and are connected by disulfide bonds to 4 stable α- helical structures, which are the spatial conformation necessary to maintain the biological activity of erythropoietin.
The Role of Erythropoietin EPO in Bodybuilding
Artificially increasing the level of erythropoietin will produce more hemoglobin and red blood cells, thereby increasing the amount of oxygen that can be transported to tissues, especially muscles. This can improve performance and increase endurance.
The main reason why EPO peptide can improve the performance of endurance athletes contains two aspects. On the one hand, EPO peptides can stimulate the hematopoietic function of bone marrow, and increase the number of red blood cells in a timely and effective manner, thereby improving the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood. On the other hand, it can enhance the body’s ability to combine, transport and supply oxygen, which is conductive to improving the hypoxia state and promoting oxygen production in the muscles during high-intensity conditions, thereby making the muscles stronger and working longer. Especially for endurance athletes, the proportion of slow-twitch fibers in their skeletal muscle fiber types is large. The work of skeletal muscle mainly relies on aerobic metabolism to supply energy. The strength of oxygen supply directly affects the work efficiency of skeletal muscle. Therefore, it is obvious that the use of EPO erythropoietin can improve the efficiency of skeletal muscles.
Erythropoietin acts on the primordial blood cells in the bone marrow to transform them into primordial red blood cells, promotes the mitosis of nucleated red blood cells and the synthesis of hemoglobin, at the same time promotes the release of reticulocytes and mature red blood cells in the bone marrow. A large number of mature red blood cells carry more oxygen to the tissues. As a negative feedback message, sufficient oxygen can inhibit the production of erythropoietin in the liver and the production of erythropoietin in the kidneys, thus regulating the production of red blood cells.
- For the treatment of anemia with renal insufficiency, anemia caused by acquired immunodeficiency syndrome/ AIDS itself or anemia caused by treatment, anemia associated with malignant tumors, anemia caused by rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis and severe parasitism Chronic anemia and sickle cell anemia in patients with worm disease.
- Used for patients who repeatedly collect blood for the purpose of storing autologous blood for elective surgery.
- Used to prevent anemia.
- Suitable for patients with chronic renal failure accompanied by anemia, including those who rely on dialysis and those who don’t rely on dialysis, to increase or maintain the level of red blood cells and reduce blood transfusion. Erythropoietin can avoid dependence on blood transfusion, but it can’t replace emergency blood transfusion.
- Used to improve the anemia symptoms of patients with thalassemia or premature anemia. It can accelerate the recovery of hematopoietic function of patients after bone marrow transplantation.
- It can also be used for anemia caused by aluminum overload.
If have too little erythropoietin, which is usually caused by chronic kidney disease red blood cells will decrease and you will develop anemia. Erythropoietin has been synthesized for the treatment of anemia caused by chronic renal failure. It is also used for some are types of cancer patients.
Feel free to contact us for the quotation of EPO 3000IU now.