What is Noopept(GVS-111)
Noopept GVS-111 is a nootropic and neuroprotective drug that can normalize the balance between the nervous system and the antioxidant system. Noopept regulates a variety of physiological functions, including cognition and anxiety. Long-term treatment with GVS-111 can significantly reduce the appearance of degenerative changes and improve neuronal survival. The results indicate that the neuroprotective effect of Noopept against oxidative damage and its potential nootropic activity may provide a valuable therapeutic combination for the treatment of mental retardation and chronic neurodegenerative diseases. GVS-111 can enhance memory under various conditions.
- GVS-111 significantly increased neuron survival after H(2)O(2), treatment showed a dose-dependent neuroprotective activity from 10nM to 100microM and an IC(50) value of 1.21+/-0.07 microM.
- GVS-111 shows significant higher neuroprotective effect. GVS-111 inhibits the accumulation of free radicals in cells and lipid peroxidation damage neurons treated with H(2)O(2) or FeSO(4), indicating an antioxidant mechanism.
- In DS cortical cultures, long-term treatment with GVS-111 can significantly reduce the appearance of degenerative changes and improve neuronal survival. The results indicate that the neuroprotective effect of noopept against oxidative damage. Its potential nootropic activity may provide a valuable therapeutic combination for the treatment of mental retardation and chronic neurodegenerative diseases.
- Noopept is a so-called “nootropic”, or “cognitive enhancement”, which means that the drug is up to 1000 times more effective than Piracetam.
- Noopept GVS-111 also claims to have anti-anxiety, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, while also improving blood flow. In addition, some people claim that it can even protect the brain from certain forms of neurotoxicity, which is believed to be the main cause of Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Long-term intake of Noopept may help increase nerve growth factor(NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor(BDNF) levels, especially in brain areas such as the hippocampus and hypothalamus. However, there is no guarantee that these mechanisms are the same among human users, so follow-up studies on humans are definitely needed to determine.
Noopept GVS-111 may have some effects on GABA activity in the hippocampus, a brain structure that is generally considered to be highly related to memory.
Noopept GVS-111 has a short half-life(5-10 minutes in rodents) and disappears in the brain after one hour manage. However, one of its metabolites is believed to be Noopept’s long-term puzzle activities.
The standard dose of Noopept is much lower than Piracetam, and provides general neuroprotection after supplementation. This neuroprotective effect occurs in various cognitive trauma states, including oxidative stress and physical trauma.