What Is Selank Peptide
Selank is another ACTH/MSH-like peptide of melanocortin, and is a synthetic analog of immunomodulaatory peptide tuftsin. As a synthetic peptide molecule, Selank is made by combining the sequence of a peptide called tuftsin with another sequence that improves its molecular stability. It has multiple effects on brain health and function. Although traditionally used to treat anxiety and depression, it is known to be effective in many other treatments related to immunomodulaation, anticoagulation, post-traumatic stress disorder, hyperactivity, and metabolic syndrome. Selank peptide has obvious anti-anxiety activity. It is a stable neuropsychiatric, antidepressant and anti-stress drug that can alleviate the aggressive and fearful responses of different animal species.
Selank Peptide Benefits
- As an anti-anxiety peptide, selank helps fight stress and anxiety.Studies on mice have shown Selank’s anti-anxiety effects. The more anxious the subject is at first, the more pronounced the result. Another animal study also confirmed the long-term anti-anxiety effect of Selank peptide without causing any weight changes.
- Improve learning ability. According to observations of the study, subjects who received peptide tharapy learned faster in electrical tests. The other effect observed is to reduce anxiety and help them move faster.
- Help recover from brain damage. Studies have found that Selank can restore brain activity in mice with brain damage induced by toxins to normal levels.
- Increase liver antioxidant activity. Studies have shown that injecting Selank peptide into stressed subjects increases the level of antioxidants in their livers.
- Help enhance immune function. In one study, Selank can increase blood levels of IL-6 and people with depression. Another cell-based study found that Selank induced the release of the antiviral molecule interferon.
- Improve thinking clarity, memory and concentration.
- May help quit drinking.
- May help blood pressure management and increase cerebral blood flow.
- Help lose weight and lower cholesterol. The study found that after treatment with Selank, mice fed with high fat lost 35% of their body weight. Most importantly, the subjects’total cholesterol dropped by more than 58%, while their blood sugar levels dropped by 23.5%.
- Help reduce stress. Stress can be caused by many different things, and the body responds to it in various ways. For example, some bodies respond to stress by increasing the production of liver enzymes. Selank peptide can reduce the production of liver enzymes. In addition, an experiment found that Selank may affect the effects of benzodiazepines. The study concluded that when used in combination with diazepam, it can play a beneficial role in reducing anxiety in chronic mild stress conditions.
- May improve ulcers.
- Help treat Parkinson’s disease. For that it can improve mood, reduce tremor, better sleep quality, reduce tears and be more sensitive.
How Does Selank Work?
Selank can act as a melanocortin-like peptide in the brain to initiate a wide range of effects related to brain activity and health. Selank peptide can quickly increase the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the hippocampus of rats. Selank is usually prescribed for its anti-anxiety properties, immune improvement, stomach protection, opioid and alcohol dependence. It can inhibit enzyme-participated degradation of endogenous regulatory peptides such as enkephalin, and this effect may be involved in its effect. Selank also affects the nervous system tissues of rats with active carboxypeptidase and carboxypeptidase inhibited by phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride. Selank is suitable for patients interested in improving mental clarity, memory and concentration, and for the relief of anxiety and depression.
How to Use Selank
Nasal administration. If taken orally, the stomach will digest it. Inhaling it is a better way to transport it to the brain. The recommended dose is 2-3 drops per nostril, 2-3 times a day.
Injection. Although injections are a good alternative to nasal administration, be sure to get them from your doctor. It is also important to note that it is considered not as effective as nasal sprays. The doasage varies based on your health. To get the correct dose of Selank, a physical exam must be performed. It can be administered by subcutaneous injection. Usually, Selank is injected into the fat area of the abdomen, shoulders, buttocks and thighs.